Workers’ Compensation


If You Are Injured On the Job

If you are injured on the job, your medical expenses related to your injury may be covered by Workers’ Compensation. The Union does not provide or administer this coverage because your employer is required to obtain Workers' Compensation insurance by federal law. You may also be eligible for weekly income benefits under Workers’ Compensation. If you receive Workers’ Compensation, you will not be paid disability benefits (Safety Net Benefits). If you get hurt on your job, notify your employer immediately to file a claim and complete the appropriate paperwork.

For more information, contact your area’s Office of Workers’ Compensation: 

If you think you need a lawyer, call our office at (202) 737-2225 and ask for the Benefits Officer.